Friday, September 26, 2008

Colored Pencils...Really cool tool when you know how to use them!



I had the opportunity to spend a day with Karen Lockhart, the owner of Lockhart Stamp Company. http://www.lockhartstampcompany.com/ Karen is an AMAZING colored pencil artist. Her classes took my coloring to a whole new level, one I wouldn't have thought possible. Check out these class project cards, Lockhart stamps colored with colored pencils! Too cool.

Her stamps are simple line images that really allow for interpretation with color. It was neat to see how each student's project differed even though we all were working on the same image. I had an awesome day, learned SO much and realized again that I am simply the most fortunate person on the planet.

Expect to use colored pencils more frequently in my upcoming classes! HINT: Click on any of the photos for an up close view.