Monday, July 21, 2008

Report from the Summer Trade Show

I returned late last night from the Summer CHA Trade show in Chicago, WOW! I talked to lots of folks, got tons of new ideas, located some fabulous new art products and connected with some of the most talented designers in the papercrafting world. Watch for all the fun new projects to start showing up on my fall calss schedules.

Mark Montano, author of "The Big Ass Book of Crafts" (www.amazon.com/Big-Ass-Book-Crafts-Mark-Montano/dp/1416937854 - 240k - ) and one of the designers from HGTV's "While you Were Out", had a "Craft Challenge". Yours truly got chosen to compete and ...took second place! We had 10 minutes to transform a cheap wooden picturte frame into something crafty. I love a challenge and got right to work with acryllic paints, paper flowers and a bit of patterned paper. It was crazy good fun and I was honored to be invited to compete.